Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Monterey

For Spring Break, I decided I needed sun. As much as I like being out of the snow, the clouds can be slightly wearing, particularly when Spring is supposed to be happening. Nick and I were going to go to Monterey for Spring Break, but apparently, he has to be a grown up and had some business stuff he had to do. So my Mom and I went. We first went to San Jose to visit Grandpa Ainge and Grandma Pam. We got to go to church with them and to the San Jose Country Club for some good eatin'. Then they were so nice to let us stay at their condo in Monterey for a few days after. I wish I would have taken pictures of the condo, because it is SO nice. I now know who to go to when I need decorating tips (that is, whenever I have enough money to decorate). Their beds are so comfortable, and they have gorgeous views of the beach.

It was absolutely perfect weather: low 60's, completely sunny with a little breeze. I loved being in the sun, but not super super hot (because as a pregnant woman, that would have been miserable, not to mention make the itching worse). We had a relaxing time with a lot of sleep, reading, walking, and more.

A view of the Monterey Coast at Sunset on the drive in.


We did the 17 mile drive along Pebble Beach, Spyglass, and all of the other amazing golf courses.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love flowers. When we were shopping in Carmel, there were the most beautiful flowers and hanging baskets!

We also played tennis in which I think I played a little too hard (and slightly peed my pants). We went to the Farmer's Market, where the fruit looked like it was on steroids. I was in heaven eating all of the samples of strawberries. I can't get enough fruit! I went swimming, which was also amazing, because I didn't feel pregnant. It was my first time going swimming since being pregnant, and I'm sad that I haven't had the chance to do it more.

We were also able to drive through Morgan Hill and San Martin, looking at our old town and house. It was fun to see how the town has changed and go through some memories.

My Mom was a good sport for traveling with an itchy, irritable pregnant woman.

Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for letting us come bug you for a little while. I hope I get to see you soon.

1 comment:

Amander said...

I love that you peed your pants a little bit!