Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Adventures with Poo

I apologize because I don't have any pictures to post. My cord to upload pictures is at my parents' house in Portland, so as soon as I get that, I will add some new ones.

Briz has started to show her little personality, and it's fun to watch all of her little idiosyncricies. Even though she's improved, she still has a hard time going to the bathroom. After and/or in between feedings, I have to rub her tummy and burp her for quite a while until she either farts, burps, spits up, or the best of all of them, takes a little dump. And as I mentioned previously, I still get excited when she goes to the bathroom, mostly because I know how content she will be after (aren't we all).

Last week we went to the doctor to check on her jaundice and I discussed with the doctor my concerns about her bowel movements. He said, if its been a really long time, I can give her my own baby enima. So I went home and tried it. I stuck a q-tip up her tiny rear end, and I was not prepared for what would follow. It was literally projectile poop. Luckily, my hand eye coordination kicked in, and I held up the changing pad to deflect the poop coming straight at me. But me and my mom could not stop laughing, because it was unbelievable how much crap came out of a tiny little person. My mom, being the wonderful grandma she is, stuck her hand in front of the poop to stop it, so she had poop all over her!

The other day, Nick and I were gone most of the afternoon to run some errands. So I took her to the car to feed her. She would not wake up, so I decided to change her diaper quickly. I just had her on my lap, and thought, oh, this could be dangerous. But then I thought, it will be fine cause she hardly ever poops, and it takes quite a bit of effort on her part before she does. The second I took off her pee diaper, she went everywhere all over my jeans! It was a huge puddle o' poo just sitting in my lap. I used pretty much a whole thing of wipes to try to clean up the mess. But I went into the doctor with brown all over the front of me and smelling really bad.

Brizzy's favorite thing is water. If she hears water, she's happy. I think its hilliarous because she could be crying really hard and if I turn on a faucet near her, she instaneously stops. She absolutely LOVES her baths, and makes little cooing noises the whole time. The only part she hates is when she gets taken out of the bath. She is more and more awake every day. When Nick and I hold her under our chin, she'll pull her head back and just look up at us. It's so cute. And she's a little piggy; she loves to eat! Last Wed. we went into the doctor and she was 6 lbs. 10 oz. We went back in on Monday, and she was 7 lbs. 8 oz. Yikes! She gained 14 ounces in 5 days. The doctor didn't seem too worried and said that more than anything she's been playing catch up since she was so small. But the girl likes to eat. I guess she takes after her mother :)

4 comments:

Amander said...

I love this post so much. She sounds like so much fun! I can't believe all of the poo adventures you've had - one day she'll read this blog and thank you for sharing them with everyone. I also love that you went into the doctor's with poo all over you.

And I'm glad she likes water - she is a girl after my own heart. AND I can't believe is has already gained so much! She is getting so big and I haven't even seen her!

Blackham Family said...

She is so cute Lexie. You are such a trooper for doing labor natural. I really dont think I could ever do it, good for you. The poop stories are funny. I have had very similar ones is the the sad thing.

Tamara said...

Oh my stars-- I laughed out loud SO hard when I read the part about the Q-tip enema and the massive, surprise attack of poo!!! And Oh I love your mom-- sacrificing herself to stop the onslaught of poo!! Oh that was too funny! But the car poo was just.. OH! So not right! But also funny... we called them blowouts-- those unexpected explosions of poo, where it goes all the way up their back when they're wearing clothes... how can they hold that much poo in such a little body????

Glad to hear things are going well, and I haven't seen any signups for dinners, but I'd love to bring something to you guys. I'll ask Tammy who is coordinating that...

Enjoy these precious, precious days...

:)

Jana said...

poop, poop, poop, poop, poop!!!! just one of the joys. one time michael had a diaper full of liquid pooh and he was scooting down the stairs. there was liqid poop on every step. and on some of the steps there was a poopie waterfall.
but she is so cute, little and loving that you will put up with anything her little body produces. with a smile!