Monday, May 4, 2009

More Pics

I am currently in the NICU in the hospital, uploading all of these pictures and typing these blogs. We had to go to the doctor today for a follow up appt. and they determined that she needed to get her bilirubin levels tested. So then we went to the hospital, where she got her foot poked for bloodwork. It was the saddest thing holding her, just letting her scream and get hurt. I was trying really hard not to cry. They called us back quickly after and said we needed to spend the night in the hospital, so she can sleep under a light to try to get rid of the jaundice. She's doing a great job, and its the hardest thing for me to just not hold her. But she'll be fine, and I can't wait to just be at home again.

So since I have a little bit of time, I'm taking advantage of it and posting a bunch of pictures. This is my last post for at least a few days! Okay, I make no promises, but its my last post for today at least. Here are some of my favorite pics so far:


You can tell she's a little jaundice here. She's pretty orange, but you can also see how light her hair is. She loves cuddling with Dad right by his face.


We were trying to get her dressed to go to the doctor. Not much fits her right now. We have a few preemie onesies that work, but other than that, she looks like a little gangster. That's the look we were going for in this picture. None of her hats fit, so I went with the classic little bow instead.






I wonder where she gets her long fingers from!



Chubby little cheeks!



I love this picture because you can see how tiny she is in her bouncy chair.



Her going home from the hospital outfit.





So sweet.



This is the only picture I will allow posted of me because I've had a couple days to recover and you can't see my face very close up. Here we are ready going home from the hospital.


She's so little in her car seat! I am in denial that she's going to get any bigger.



She loves being burped. This is just after her bath that I gave her at home.


I love these pictures because you can see how long her arms, hands, fingers, and feet are. She uses her arms and hands a ton to express herself. It's funny because she'll do something with her hands or feet, and I'm like, I remember that from when you were in the womb! Her fingers are like half the size of mine!
She's doing a dance move.

She's either saying What's up! Or she's demonstrating how she will one day have the ability to palm a basketball.
Her toes make us laugh because they are all the same lenght. Her pinky toe is the same size as her big toe! They look like fingers.

16 comments:

Ronell Hugh said...

Beautiful baby! You both do great work! So now life moves on with little Briz enjoying the journey, and mom and dad figuring out the new changes in their life. Congrats you two and I'm excited to see her this summer.

Briawna said...

Love the going home outfit. I'm surprised you picked something so frilly. I wasn't even sure if I should give you that outfit 'cause I was sure you wouldn't use it. Shows what I know. I can't wait to meet her!

shaun said...

Guys, Brizzy is a beautiful little girl. And not all newborns are cute, so feel blessed. Oh, and I love the last picture of her toes. I hope you guys are getting some rest.

Erin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! she is so dang cute! she has the cutest long toes & fingers! great job you guys! she's beautiful!

Jana said...

she looks like she has your moms mouth. cutie!

i love all the pic. of your family with her--she is so lucky and will be well loved.

hope she will be able to come home really soon.

easleyfamily said...

She is so pretty!! Good luck with all of the sleepless nights ahead...sadly, it doesn't get any easier so ENJOY it while it lasts!! So happy for you guys!

Amander said...

Hope she is enjoying her "tanning bed" - she's adorable! I love that "going home" outfit!

Sammy said...

Oh my gosh she is so darling! I can't wait to meet her!

Kelly Munns said...

oh my gosh, that is amazing! her fingers and toes...holy cow! she is absolutely adorable. i love her blonde hair! what the heck...where did that come from? she is seriously adorable. and that picture of you, lexie, is good! you look really good...i think she looks like you. good job :) congratulations...hope things settle down and get to normal soon here!

Carrie Ross said...

Congrats you guys! She is so darling, and such a good mix of cottle and ainge! Seriously she's beautiful! I'm so happy for you both!

Adam and Bri said...

what a cutie. i love the gangsta look especially.

congrats you guys!

Kerry said...

What a cutie! That hair reminds me of my little one when she came home this past spring, isn’t it just heart breaking when they are sick? I know I was beside myself when my daughter had jaundice. The doctor told me that it was important to keep track of every feeding and diaper which felt really overwhelming - lucky for me I found Baby Insights http://www.babblesoft.com/ which made my life a little less disorganized :-)

Meredith said...

I have a lot of random thoughts...These are my favorite pictures of her so far - she is so cute. Wow you had a crowd in the delivery room! I can't believe you are a mother. I don't know if I will be able to believe it until I see Brizzy in person. Her toes are soo long! Does that mean she is going to be a good swimmer. You should start mommy and me swim classes pronto.

Amander said...

Yes, I am at your blog again just to look at pictures of adorable Briz. Seriously, if you weren't coming down here in June, I'd be booking a flight pronto.

Papworth's said...

Love seeing all these pictures! She's so tiny! I want to hold her. I was going through some of Will's stuff I saved and his little diapers were so so small when he was born. I had to go buy premee clothes too, walmart actually had a ton! She is so precious! I can't believe how light her hair is it's such a pretty color! I also love that we can see her long long fingers! Way to contribute Nick! I'm glad she's home from and her Jaundice isn't bad anymore. I remember when Will had to go back in, he had holes all over his heels. I had him home for 4 days and he had to get tested and pricked so many times that he actually didn't cry anymore and slept once through it. Poor guy. I cried so hard when I had to take him back into the hospital, it's amazing how much you love them! I'm so happy Brizban is here and that you're well, what a women you are doing what you did! Bless your heart! I cannot imagine. Good for you! I hope your eyes are better. I have a gift I'll be sending this week! Sorry this is so long i'm just so excited! I'm glad you have so much help and support! Give your beautiful, sweet, littl tiny, baby girl a kiss for us! Not from Will! No kissing yet for them, they're too young!

Tamara said...

Oh my GOSH!! She's SO cute, and I am loving hearing all of your new mommy observations and feelings... it seems so long ago for me, but oh... I remember! And I laughed out LOUD at your "what UP!" comment on the one photo of her... too funny!!