Monday, September 7, 2015

Boo being sick

The week before Holland's birthday, I had been feeling really sad.  I was just having a hard time and felt a bit stuck.  I went and saw my therapist just to help me process my feelings, and as expected it helped.  I was feeling much better but then that night, I got hit with something bad.  I started to feel sick, but hoped that a good night sleep would make me feel better.  I woke up the next morning more sick than I can remember being (maybe with the exception of having the flu when I was pregnant).  I could hardly move, I couldn't speak.  I was supposed to work that day, so I attempted to email or text my clients.  But it sort of took it out of me to even try doing that.  Luckily my nanny was coming that day anyways, so I had someone to come watch my kids.  I was in bed for the next 24 hours.  I had a fever of about 103 for most of the time.  That night my fever broke so I thought I was much better, but the next day I woke up and throat was so swollen.  I also had a fever that kept coming back and then breaking.  I would sleep for 30 - 45 minutes and wake up in a sweat over and over again.  It was horrible.  By Saturday, I wasn't getting any better so I went into the doctor.  I was pretty sure I had strep, because my throat hurt so bad.  I checked it before I went in and it was disgusting.  Like bad.  I won't share details because it will probably gross you out.  Doc immediately started talking about mono and I was sort of shocked.  I wasn't expecting that.  He took a throat culture to rule it out, but seemed pretty sure about what I had.  I needed Nick to help me walk and I couldn't even just sit up straight at the doctors office.  It seemed a little intense to be strep, but mono had just never crossed my mind.  By Sunday, I was able to get out of bed a little bit.  I took a shower and was able to go to Holland's birthday celebration.  Monday I was slightly better, and by Tuesday, I was out of bed for part of the day.   I was convinced I had mono at this time (although hadn't taken the blood work yet).  Every day I felt better and I then found out it was in fact strep.  I felt sort of like a wimp but the doctor said that strep can wipe you out and it can take a few weeks to recover. 

So yeah for no mono!(at least I'm pretty sure), but I'm still pretty weak and tired.  

While I was down, Wembley was afraid of me.  It was a good three days before I even really interacted with her and she wouldn't go to me for a little while.  Briz was concerned about me not eating and brought me food. She also wrote me some very sweet notes and drew me pictures.  I missed my girls while I was down.  


Meredith said...

That sounds horrific. Really terrible timing. I have never had mono or strep. That sucks. Sorry.

Amander N said...

I hate that you are still so sick. This sounds like a really bad round of it for you.