Thursday, September 10, 2015

Cabin Time

We headed up to the cabin a few days after Hollands birthday.  I was still feeling pretty sick, so it was a little stressful for me getting ready.  But Nick did most of it. He was a champ and pretty much got ready all by himself.  





For almost two days it was just our family.  I thought it might be kind of boring but I loved it.  It was so quiet and relaxing and fun.  Normally there are a lot of people up at the cabin which is a different kind of fun.  



There have been a lot of fires in Oregon so the air was foggy and smokey.  But there was more of a beach then there has been in years.  And the water was really not too cold.  It wasn't extremely hot when we got there, but it was warm enough for Wembley to go shirtless.

We hung out on the beach, threw rocks, did some exploring and some swimming.



I loved just being with my girls with no distractions.


Wembley is slowly but surely warming up to Brizzy.  For a while she basically refused to touch her or be touched, but she has been handling Brizzy's mauling slightly better.  I love watching them bond.


Briz loves her little sister a lot, and even though she tries to be her mom sometimes, she wants them to be best friends and play all the time.  







Nick basically forced Brizzy to wakeboard.  Sometimes its the hardest thing when you disagree as a parent, but you just have to keep your mouth shut (something I'm not good at!)  I wanted Briz to try, but it wasn't that warm outside, the water was cold and choppy, and Briz was scared.  Eventually we figured it out, and I was able to get in the water with Briz as she got up.  For being scared and cold, she did great.  She got up twice and lasted a good 10 seconds.  




I kept thinking, "She's not old enough to do this right?"  But then I remember lots of kids I know that are skiing at 6.  And she did snowboard this winter.



I also went on a tube ride with Wembley.  I thought she would hate it, but she seemed to like it.  She just sat there with her eyes closed the whole time.  And I just laughed at her.






We went on boat rides in the evening cause its really pleasant and the water is calm.  Nick let Wembley and Briz drive the boat.  We also went fishing off the back of the boat.





Wembley LOVED driving the boat.  She thought she was so big and she would sit there and dance.



Briz was very focused when driving the boat (no surprise).







When we got back we did a little skinny dipping, and when I say we, I mean Briz.  She can be such a tough kid at times, I love it.  Love this skinny little body and the girl that it belongs to.





The Downs joined us after a couple of days.  It was a big bummer because it was bad weather, rainy, windy, and not warm at all!  We still got in some boating.  Trevor and Nick were determined to wakeboard.  We also went on a hike to the top of Odell Butte and it was beautiful.













As always, waving hi.


Nick with Briz and her bff, Blair.




Our attempt at a group selfie.  It was so fun to be there with friends, especially ones that can go with the flow and laugh with us.  

No comments: