Sunday, January 25, 2015

MLK Day Sporty Style

We really wanted to do something fun for our day together.  We wanted to go skiing, but the resort we wanted to go was getting rain, so we passed on that.   We decided to just hang out near home.

I took Wembley on a run in a nearby park that I have yet to explore.  Briz rode her bike next to me and it was so nice having company.  She talked to me the whole time which was distracting.  We discovered some cool playgrounds along the way.



We then headed over to Nike and played basketball outside for a while, trying to take advantage of the nice weather.  We saw some guys already getting started on beach volleyball.  You know you're in Oregon when . . .


And then we hit the pool.  Wembley loved it.  I was really nervous but I dunked her under for the first time (I put Briz under when she was 4 weeks old).  Wembley is 7  1/2 months but she just struggles with swallowing and choking.  She did gag quite a bit, and then spit up a ton, but she smiled shortly after going under so that was a good sign.  I am way more cautious with her, in particular to things related to swallowing.  Sometimes I can't believe she is 7 months old because I was trying to get Brizzy to swim at this age :)  



We had a blast together as a family.  I love spending time with these goofy people. 

1 comment:

Amander N said...

Wembley's hair is getting so long! She's so adorable. And Briz too.

Basically you make cute kids.