Monday, June 15, 2015

Aunt Brittany's Visit the 2nd

Aunt Brittany came to visit for Wembley's birthday.  It was a bit of a bummer because she just came end of April for Brizzys bday and then we just made a last minute trip to Utah last week, so she wasn't necessarily craving to see the girls. But she was a good sport and came anyway.

She got to join Brizzy at her field day.  Briz of course picked out her own outfit. She was so excited to wear her new Nike hat.  



Aunt Brittany was on Wembley patrol as I signed up to help out.


They competed in a lot of cute, fun games but it was a HOT day so we were all wiped.


Luckily we were able to cool down with popsicles.  

I have grown attached to Brizzys class as I've volunteered throughout the year.  I love these sweet kids.  And it makes me sad that I may not be able to see them in class next year.


We then went swimming at Uncle Mark and Aunt Susie's, followed by a girl movie and a guy movie.   Britt and I went with one of my friends to see Far From the Madding Crowd.  Excellent movie by the way.  Nick and his friend went and saw Mad Max.  No thanks.


The next day we took a very adventurous hike up to Buck Lake on Mount Hood.  We took the wrong path and ending up hiking a few extra miles through the forest and then scaled down a mountain.  The last part was all boulders and I really wish I would have taken a picture of it once we came down.


The water was beautiful and not too cold. I was surprised, especially for this time of year.   Briz was brave and jumped right in.


I, on the other hand, noticed a lot of newst swimming around and I freaked out.  I have never swam with newts before and they are gross.  They look like aliens swimming in the water and are not at all afraid of people.  Ew.  


Wembley loved the water and wanted to dive in.  I love that my girls love the water and aren't afraid to go swimming in cold water.  They're true Oregonians I guess.

No comments: