Thursday, July 30, 2015

Camping Crazies

So Nick and I got invited to go camping last minute.  And we have made no plans for camping so far, so I was excited it was all going to work out.  Our friends were going up to Fort Stevens on the coast and we were going to meet them a day or two after they got there cause we had work.  Turns out Nick had work all weekend (and has been working nonstop since in fact).  I was bummed when I found out, but with a little encouragement form my friends and Nick's support, I decided to go camping by myself.  Yes I really did.  


It wasn't quite as bad as it sounds, because I actually shared the campsite of my friends.  They were very helpful, but had three crazy kids themselves.  It was a bit of mayhem when it came to bed time.  I didn't bring the pack n play, because when Nick and I were originally talking about going, he said he didn't think we would have room for it, so I just sort of stuck with that.  Bad decision.  Wembley was a nightmare.  She was up until 3:30 a.m. I ended up making a little bed in between Briz and I and we got a good 4 hours of sleep.  I felt awful for keeping everyone up.  Next time I will be more prepared, now that I know what a bad camper she is.


During the day was awesome.  We played at the lake, at the beach (which is all a bike ride away from the campground), and we went on a bike ride.


Briz and her friend Blair rode their bikes all day, every single spare moment they were riding their bikes.  It made me so happy to see.  Dubs and Cate hung out in the trailers for a bit.  When they weren't doing that, they were getting extremely dirty.


We had fun roasting hot dogs and marshmallows at night.


And Briz and I drove over to where the Columbia runs into the Ocean.  It was beautiful.  I loved seeing the jetty and learning about it with Briz.


The Oregon Coast really is so beautiful.




Dubs loved playing in the lake.  I didn't get to sit down much because she thinks she can swim.  She was on a little inflatable canoe.  She just dove right off of it into the water.  I need to start trying out water wings or something, because she is way too cool for the floatie now.

She also loved making new friends.  She went up to random strangers and sat in ther laps, held out her arms asking them to hold her.  She has no boundaries that girl.  Here she is with Holly Bruno.  Holly is one of my activity day girls.


Briz and Dubs were ridiculously sandy and messy the whole time.  Part of me loved watching them, but then part of me was cringing knowing that it was going to be a disaster attempting to clean off.


Here Briz is trying to show kids how to roll down the sandy hill.


They all tried it and then decided it would be better to run down the hill into the lake.


We went to see the old abandoned battery and played a game of hide n seek.  Until Trevor scared the crap out of all of us.  


Wembley loved exploring with all of us.  She looks cute and innocent here, but definitely was not at 3 a.m.



Me with Krissy and our kids.


Briz had lots of fun friends to play with at the lake and beach.



At one point while playing in the mud and sand, Wembley laid her head down in a big puddle.  I couldn't stop laughing at all of the mud in her hair, on her face (from eating said mud), and on her legs.  She LOVES to make a mess.



No comments: