Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Fox's

I have been really spoiled this year with seeing some of my friends.  We had a girls weekend in May, and then I saw them again when I went to Utah in July (minus Bri and Sam).  And then Maggie came to visit.  She didn't come to visit me, but her in laws live close, so I get to reap the benefits.  She was nice enough to drive down to my house to see it.  We hung out at the house for a bit, and then I dragged them into downtown to visit a splash pad.  


It's an awesome splash pad, but we had an exciting experience where we witness a few homeless people getting violent.  When we first got there, they were just hanging out on the outside of the park.  But after being there about 45 minutes, we heard their dog barking really loudly.  We looked over and saw that about four or five them were jumping on top of another guy and punching him.  Before we know it one of the girls grabs a guitar and starts banging him in the head with it.  Maggie and I were sort of shocked, and not sure what to do.  Luckily our kids were over at the water and didn't see anything.  I went to call 911 but a few other moms already beat me to it, and after a few minutes (with the beat up guy passed out on a bench bleeding and all of the others were just hanging around like nothing happened), some police officers showed up.


It was an exciting adventure.  You never know what's going to happen in Portland.  I think next time Maggie comes, I will have to see if we can time it with the naked bike ride so her Portland adventures continue.



No comments: