Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Outdoorsy stuff

When we got back from Utah I was excited to get settled and back into our routine.  We've had a good thing going this summer with our routine.  It's worked well for us, and I've been trying to take advantage of no organized activities for Briz and just lots of time with my girls.


We did a guided nature hike at Tryon Creek.  Briz learned about dragonflies.




Wembley was so excited to sit and listen with all of the big kids.  For like 2 minutes.  And then she was up and about, climbing on people, making friends with them, getting in the way, and making a mess (those last two things she does very well).



By the end of our hike, she was covered in brown dirt.





We went to an oudoor concert for kids at the library.  We brought Brizzy's friend Emi, and the girls had a blast showing off their dance moves.





We went home and the girls spent hours playing with the hose.  We got out our cheap broken slip n slide and they had a lot of fun with it.  My water bill might be high this month, but at least my grass got watered thoroughly.



Nick and I went to a David Gray/Amos Lee concert.  We were late cause Nick couldn't get home early from work.  But it was the most beautiful night.  Perfect weather, and they both sounded amazing.  It was relaxing and so nice to be there with Nick just chilling.  We also enjoyed all of the interesting people around us.  There were a lot.  And there was a lot of alcohol, so it made for a really entertaining combination.  He appeases me with concerts, but that's okay, I'll take it. He generally seems to enjoy them after I drag him along.



We've been berry picking (although not nearly as much as I would like).  It's tough with Wembley cause she doesn't hold still and just wants to eat the berries.


This spot is one of my favorites because the girls were entertained by the friendly horse.  




Never enough berries.  I could go for hours and hours, so its probably good that my girls prevent me from my OCD getting out of hand.

No comments: